Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Burr-Burr

This was originally an email to my husband on June 12, 2006. For reference, Sam was not yet two years old.

You might as well wipe the smile off your face now because I don't find it the least bit funny. I was in our room making our bed (like a good little wife) and I noticed our son was making frequent trips back and forth from the kitchen to his bedroom. So I go to investigate. . . Suffice it to say you need to find a new home for the case of beer that is sitting on the floor in the kitchen. He was stockpiling bottles of beer in his room! And then as I'm gathering up the bottles to put them back, he comes running in (happy as a clam) with a bottle tucked under each arm! He sees me, smiles, cocks his head to one side, and says "burr-burr??" then realizes his mistake, turns around and RUNS AWAY down the hall shaking his head no because he DOESN'T WANT ME TO TAKE HIS BEER AWAY! Stop laughing it's NOT funny. But wait--it gets better--a little while later I'm trying to straighten up and I pick up his blanket off the floor to take it to his room and I find ANOTHER bottle of beer IN HIS CRIB! How sad is that?? He puts his most treasured items in his crib--it's his pack-rat hole --and he chose a bottle of Pete's Summer Brew to take up residence next to his pillow and his man-man. . . Do they have AA for toddlers??
So, this can serve as an initial post.

1 comment:

HillyTheGak said...

Sam remains my favorite small person of all time.