Monday, June 25, 2007

Should I Write a Book?

I've been thinking that perhaps I should write a book. I could write at any time without the need to hire daycare and I could make millions. Or maybe hundreds. Probably 50 bucks at best, but I would at least feel like I was contributing to the family income. It's either that or stripping, and I just can't imagine anyone paying money to see me naked. Maybe they'd pay to have me put my clothes back on. . .
Anyway, I thought I'd start with what I know and I certainly know a lot about pregnancy and childbirth so I could write a handbook of practical tips for the pregnant woman. For example: Suppose it's your first pregnancy and you are shopping with your husband at Target. You are walking along perusing the baby items with happy thoughts of your soon to be bundle of joy (your husband is off in the electronics aisle perusing video games because that's where he always is when shopping at Target, or any other store for that matter.) Anyway, back to the baby aisle, so you're looking at crib mobiles when you sneeze and then all of a sudden- WETNESS. Down THERE. Panic ensues. It's way to early for your water to break. The baby will be in the NICU for, like months and months. Or worse, it might not make it at all. So you frantically find your husband and tell him (hysterically) what has happened and RUSH to the hospital.
So here's the practical advice bit:
Unless you relish the idea of your husband referring to you as "Tinkles" for the remainder of your pregnancy-- discreetly go to the restroom and MAKE CERTAIN that it is in fact amniotic fluid you are leaking and that you haven't simply pissed yourself before hysterically alerting the aforementioned husband.

This simple act will save you loads of embarrassment as not only will your husband call you "Tinkles" but will also feel the need to share the story with EVERY PERSON he comes in contact with for the next several months. Whether he knows them or not.
So what do you think? Should I write for a living? Hmmmmm, probably not. Maybe I should just stick to what I'm REALLY good at--cleaning up crap my kids have dumped around our house and bitching to Chris about it.

2 comments:

HillyTheGak said...

So, bear in mind that I've not yet been a father.

How would one check this sort of thing? I'd been assuming that amniotic fluid
was fairly viscous, but the expression "water breaking" doesn't sound like a
thick fluid.

mamawags said...

One word-- slimy.