Friday, July 6, 2007

So I'm a Slacker. Deal With It.

So apparently I SUCK at blog posting etiquette...My most sincere apologies and a promise that I'll try to do better moving forward.

So SHOCKINGLY none of my children died or suffered major injury while at Hershey Park. Liz chickened out (the 1st time) on the Sooper Dooper Looper, but was shamed into riding it by her younger sister's enthusiastic praise of said death trap. Me? I bowed out gracefully after riding the Comet which my daughters proclaimed "awesome." I asked how something that makes you feel like you want to vomit can be awesome and was immediately informed by said daughters that the vomit feeling is precisely what makes the ride awesome. who knew. Based on that theory, they will both wholeheartedly enjoy being pregnant.

So the entourage to Hershey Park consisted of my family, my sister-in-law and her family, a friend of hers and her family and 2 grandmothers. So the day proceeded relatively uneventfully (unless you count the need to purchase ridiculously overpriced clothing for our daughters because I didn't think to bring extra clothes for them to change into after getting saturated on the water rapids and then having them totally flip out because it turns out that while Hershey Park does IN FACT sell t-shirts, shorts, pajamas, sweatshirts, tank tops, hats, rain ponchos, pants and water shoes; they do NOT sell underwear OF ANY KIND. And since it makes NO SENSE to change into dry clothes but leave on wet underwear, the girls were forced to go commando. And were EXTREMELY stressed out about this small detail. Sam, as some of you already know, has absolutely no problem doing this and frequently returns from potty trips without his underwear. Then again, he has no need to unzip his pants to get them off, and therefore has no need to rezip so it's hasn't become a problem yet).

ANYWAY, so the day was coming to a close, we were headed toward the exit, popping in and out of shops to buy souveneirs and what not when my husband asks,

"Where's Liz?"
"With my Mom."
"Where's your Mom?"
"I don't know. Around here somewhere."
nope.
Chris: "Maybe she's in the Christmas store, she likes Santa stuff."
nope.
Other Grandmother: "Maybe she's in the bathroom."
nope.
Aunt Amy: "Well, she's got to be around here in one of these stores."
nope.
Uncle Matt: "Seriously, she HAS to be here somewhere, it's not like she'd leave the park without telling anyone."
Oh how wrong he is.

Yes, so it turns out my mother took one of my children and LEFT THE PARK to go check out Chocolate World and didn't mention this little detail to anyone before doing so. And when we finally found her (after about an hour of looking) replied, "We were right here, where else would we have gone?"

Gee, I don't know...the ferris wheel, the carousel, the swings, the car, a bathroom, a store, a snack shop, kidnapped by aliens, the dizzy drums, the water park, the bumper cars...

Oh I'm sorry, it seems that my psychic connection is DOWN currently. I must have lost it with my lunch when I puked after riding the AWESOME Comet.

Hershey Park Happy. Hershey Park Glad.

No comments: