Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Leprechauns

Sam and I were in the car the other day driving home from CCBC. Blessedly, he slept the entire car ride there because he spent the whole car ride home asking me questions. Questions about leprechauns. Now I, in no way claim to be an expert on leprechauns. In fact, I actually had to spellcheck it to see the correct spelling of leprechaun. But Sam wanted to know so I made up answers.
What do leprechauns like to eat? (Cabbage, of course)
How do you know if it's a boy leprechaun or a girl leprechaun? (Boys have beards, girls wear skirts)
Well, once I saw a picture of a leprechaun and it had a beard and was wearing a shirt! (Oh, crap. Well, that must have been a Scottish leprechaun--they wear kilts which kind of look like skirts--that must have been what you saw)
Are leprechauns nice or mean? (Nice unless you try to take their pot of gold)
Do leprechauns bite? (Only French leprechauns)
How tall are leprechauns? (Between 2 1/2 and 3 feet)
Do leprechauns wear shoes?
Do leprechauns like to sing?
Where do leprechauns live?
Can leprechauns drive a car?
How high can leprechauns jump?
Do leprechauns go to school?
Are you born to be a leprechaun or do you hafta go to college?
Do leprechauns have any pets?
It went on and on and on. 22 questions he asked. About leprechauns.
Yes, folks, it's true. I actually quit my job for this.

No comments: